Fall in Love with Me: Episode 11 [Recap]



Episode 1 to 10 seems like the beginning of a roller coaster ride; there's anticipation, excitement and eagerness to take the plunge but inevitably there's that moment of "Oh my god, what am I doing?" It happens when you reach the top of the roller coaster and are looking down the impossible height. Ladies and Gentlemen, Episode 11 is that moment. Tian Xing sees what he's done and he's got no choice but to ride it out until it's conclusion . . . . Let's recap Fall In Love With Me Episode 11 . . .



Aunnie
Way to be subtle guys . . . not. Leo isn't stupid, you idiots. I'm surprised no one else saw this . . .

Firnlambe
Ok . . . so our Alfred has a slight flaw. It was bound to happen eventually. Leo just happened to be paying attention at the right time, and caught the non-verbal signals

Wendilynn
I was surprised by how clumsy they were in this scene.  They have not been this obvious before.  This actually pulled me out of the authenticity of this scene.


Aunnie
Most relatives are lucky to leave $10,000 but $8,000,000 . . . ? I would be very skeptical on where his money was truly coming from. This scene would have had me question who he was and who his parents/relatives were.

Firnlambe
Dude--one does not just say "I can take care of the 8 million dollars" in casual conversation. I mean really, why would you do something like that when you're trying to get rid of your old self . . . seriously Tian Xing? . . . why on earth did you think this was a smart thing to do?

Wendilynn
Leo's face is telling.


Aunnie
Oh what the hell, why not? Let's just add this to the list of sh*t that's going to backfire into Tian Xing's face, shall we? The smart thing to do, Tian Xing, would be to not sign those papers and Daddy-O will just have to deal with the insult.

Firnlambe
Oh but Aunnie, he's GOT to look his best in front of Le Si. There is no chance in hell that he'll do something to lose her parents' favor . . . well, you know . . . besides lying to their faces . . but that's different--and it's besides the point.

Wendilynn
Stupid, stupid, stupid.  He's so over his head, he has no idea which way is up anymore.


Aunnie
Yeah, not gonna lie. I was annoyed with Le Si in this scene. You got Xiao Lu, how dare you look all sad when Tian Xing tells you he's leaving? For once, I was not annoyed with Tian Xing's arrogance.

Firnlambe
I believe my exact words in my Line chat with Aunnie were "Ok Le Si . . . you can't be making sad faces like this when Tian Xing says he's leaving" She really can't, she never liked him--or at least--she never admitted to liking him. If you are going to claim the hate card you need to use it to the very end. Unless of course you let the opposite party know you've reconciled with them.

Now I have a question . . . what's going to happen with Le Si's watch? Will it get returned or do you think it'll become the magic glue that binds our leads together?

Wendilynn
Good question on the watch.  I think her perplexed look fit the scene actually.  She had a few genuine touching moments with Tian Xing.  He even talked to her mom and declared his love for her.  He has a place in her heart, he just couldn't replace Xiao Lu.


Aunnie
This is my problem: I still can't reconcile the evil businessman and the amazingly awesome brother as being the same person. However . . . Lance, please stop coddling your sister. It's not going to do her any good! You'll just keep getting her hopes up.

Firnlambe
So far this episode Lance has not annoyed me . . . too much . . . Its Huan Huan that's giving me the most trouble. This whole "Leave me be! I can't stand life anymore is Tian Xing isn't apart of it" routine is getting really old--really quick.

Wendilynn
Even bad guys love their families . . . sometimes.  And Lance isn't truly bad, he's just very focused on making his company the best.  He's . . . narrow minded in his view . . . lets say.  Huan Huan has not been allowed to grow up.  How is any guy going to want her when she is such a baby?   I mean . . . a guy who isn't a scumbag.


Aunnie
Yeah, I'd be surprised too if I were you Tian Xing. I also wouldn't like the expression on Leo's face--he looks like he's daring Tian Xing to even blink at him in the wrong way.

Firnlambe
Leo looked like he was about to attack "Xiao Lu" with that intense stare of his

Wendilynn
I can feel Leo's conundrum. Does he kill him now or let him explain? I have to admit, its a touch choice. lol!


Aunnie
And once again we see the significance of the glasses. You can see the subtle arrogance that Tian Xing adopts as soon as the glasses come off. Of course, you'd have to be arrogant to not feel scared in this situation knowing you're caught.

Wendilynn
Its an interesting and subtle change. But who overhears this conversation I think is even more telling.

Firnlambe
Have I mentioned that I LOVE the fact that the production staff gave Xiao Lu glasses that actually had glass in them? Because that just makes me happy . . . . which is than instantly dashed by the fact that Huan Huan was listening in on Leo and "Xiao Lu's" conversation. Seriously--why would you talk about something like that in such an open area. Yes the rest of the staff left, but they knew She was going to be visiting the office.


Wendilynn
You can tell that Lance's feelings are hurt by this realization that Xiao Lu is really Tian Xing. What I wish I understood is what Lance is thinking. I'm hedging that he's thinking that this video will force Tian Xing to "take his rightful place" in the company and as his sisters husband. However, this will also backfire as all good romantic stories have taught us.

Aunnie
I think Lance is just happy about figuring out Tian Xing's secret--like bricks falling into place. He's the kind of person that needs structure and logic and Tian Xing's behavior just hasn't been logical since Episode 1. I think he just feels happy to know he's finally figured out what's been going on.

Firnlambe
Personally I don't particularly care how Lance feels about this information he's received. All I know is that he will use it for devious means--and that's just not ok.


Aunnie
Not to get off topic but awesome camera positioning in this scene, the sun in the background...really cool effect for this particularly reveal. Back on topic though, I don't know how she didn't just lose it right there. I would have been so angry, I would have just attacked him outright. How does he not know something is wrong? Look at her face! I would have seen her face and known something was up--not necessarily what was up but just that something was up.

Wendilynn
Honestly, I couldn't watch this scene.  I was so keyed up by the time it got to this point that I had to quickly fast forward through it.  The look on her face was devastating as she is putting all the blatant signs (to us) together finally.

Firnlambe
Me either . . . I was watching through my fingers at this point and had the volume muted so all I could do was read the subtitles. Tian Xing was really overconfident in his charade. So much so that he stopped being extra careful, hence he finds himself in this predicament.


Aunnie
My heart breaks for these two--especially Lance and not because Huan Huan wants to marry Tian Xing but because Tian Xing's betrayal [wanting to leave the family] hurt on a much deeper level because they think of him as family and family shouldn't betray family--in a perfect world, right?

Wendilynn
You can't make a person stay where they don't want to be. 

Firnlambe
Exactly!!! you can still be family even if you are not together. Yes Tian Xing is wanting to "leave" but that's because the one he loves hates the life he currently leads, he's not saying he'll cut the family out of his life he's just saying he want's to be this Xiao Lu character . . . now before you get all heated at me Aunnie, I am not saying that the way he's going about this is the correct path. I'm just saying that you can't force someone to stay where they are by believing they only belong to your family because you raised them. So yeah--My heart does not break for these two . . they are only thinking about what's best for them, and not even considering Tian Xing's feelings on the matter. 


Aunnie
Oh, gotta love that motherly guilt. And you were planning on just disappearing from the family? How did you not see the flaws in your plan, Tian Xing?? It's hard to be the one person in the family who isn't actually family but Tian Xing keeps forgetting that to these people, he's a brother and a son . . . not just some orphan they helped Uncle Fu raise.

Firnlambe
Ugh . . . the mom card. Not unexpected, just annoying. If I can't make him do what I want him to do because I feel its justified--Mom can! Which is sad, obviously she really cares for Tian Xing like he is her own son but I get the feeling that if he explained why he's doing what he's doing, she would support him . . . the problem lies with Lance--he's not letting mom in on the whole situation and is just feeding her the information he wants her to know.

Wendilynn
Calling Mom in was a low blow, I thought.  But then,  I'm sure that Lance feels what Tian Xing has done is just as low.


Aunnie
And the slow realization that you.are.caught. Despite it not being how I would have confronted him, I gotta give it to Le Si. This was a good way to confront him; Cool, confident and with just enough barbs to make it hurt a little.

Wendilynn
Why do the heroines always assume that everything is done to humiliate or trick someone for amusement?

Firnlambe
Because most drama heroines are stupid and get hot headed before the "bad guy" gets a chance to explain himself . . . not that that would have help Tian Xing, he really screwed himself over big time with how he went about doing this whole charade.


Aunnie
. . . not entirely true . . . " No . . . dude . . . You aren't Xiao Lu. Nothing about you is Xiao Lu and why are you getting angry? How in the hell do you have the RIGHT to get angry? Want to make her feel like your feelings are true . . . maybe start with a "I am so sorry" not angry words of love shoved in her face. *sigh*

Wendilynn
He's embarrassed and feeling humiliated.  Anger tends to be the response to cover those feelings.  The words, "I never wanted to take Oz away from you" would have been good right about now.

Firnlambe
I gave up at this point . . . Tian Xing is trying his best to justify the means and is failing miserably at it.


Aunnie
Even I was like "Girl . . . you shouldn't be here." Although, I don't much like how he yelled at her either . . . And the cliffs? Why would you take this argument to a mountainous area? Don't you know how Dramas work? Someone is going to fall, it's just a toss up of who; Tian Xing, Le Si, or Huan Huan? Wanna start taking bets?

Wendilynn
This just confirmed for me how stupid Huan Huan really is. She had NO business being there.

Firnlambe
Well . . . at this point all of you should know how I feel about this girl by now.


Aunnie
Ahh . . . you really need to take "Entirely" out of your vocab or, at the very least, start using it correctly. Either you were truthful or you weren't. You can't even stand behind the "Omission" excuse. You blatantly lied to this woman and now you're getting angry because she won't listen to you after you got caught?

Wendilynn
He's not wrong in pointing out that she never gave him a chance as Tian Xing.  He did try, badly, to set it right. 

Firnlambe
I've got nothing . . . at this point I'm just waiting for the whole "listen to me!--no! I wanna be angry" bit to be over and done with.


Aunnie
Yup. I knew it, I knew someone was going to fall . . . however, I did not expect two people to fall. And this is why we don't have these arguments on mountainous areas! I understand this hill was suppose to represent a cliff but they could have made it look more dangerous, this was easily climbable.

Firnlambe
OH I was so mad at this whole section. For a split second Huan Huan was a respectable girl (she was honestly worried about Le Si) but then her stupidity won out. *Ahem* HOW THE HELL ARE YOU LADIES INCAPABLE OF MOVING YOUR LEGS!!! seriously!! this hill is not that steep. You girls are more than capable of getting up--or at least helping Tian Xing move you to safety.

Wendilynn
Well, it couldn't be more dangerous then Huan Huan would have been seriously hurt.  Call me heartless, but I'm hoping this experience will force her to grow up.


Aunnie
I had a lot of feels for this scene. As stupid as this was on Huan Huan's part . . . how disheartening must it have been to be in a "life-threatening" situation only to have your "true love" care more about someone else. I mean, Tian Xing did basically catch Huan Huan but then turn to Le Si and say "Don't ever let go"--what about Huan Huan? Even if he didn't see her as a love interest, didn't he just get done telling her in the last episode that he thought of her as a little sister? Tian Xing didn't express any worry for Huan Huan and I can see how that would make her feel less than . . . well, less than.

Firnlambe
Are you serious right now . . . . you're defending that--that child?!? sorry no--there is no sympathy for stupidity. Tian Xing did tell Le Si to never let go, but Huan Huan didn't wait for him to say anything else, we don't know if he was going to say anything else--he never gets a chance. She just went and had a pity party in her brain and felt that the world would be a better place with out her.

Wendilynn
Nothing like selfishness to complicate the day.


Aunnie
Again, had major feels. Her rash decision is what landed her in this position, so I don't entirely blame Tian Xing, but how terrible. I felt so bad for her! And in one fell swoop, Tian Xing's life has just crumbled down around him. If he'd shown a modicum of interest in anyone else rather than his own selfish wants and needs, I doubt things would have ended up like this.

Firnlambe
YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELF HUAN HUAN!! All you had to do was wait, wait and hold on to Tian Xing--but nooooooo you just had to go! All because you couldn't handle Tian Xing telling another woman to hold on. GAH!! 

Wendilynn
I'm thinking we now have our reason to turn Lance from annoying bad guy into pissed off bad guy.  I'm also seeing potential for keeping Tian Xing around for the WRONG reasons.


Aunnie
In his defense, he only found out today as well, sweetie. Why don't the accused ever say that? I honestly think that'd be the first thing out of my mouth.

Firnlambe
Because that would be the smart thing to do? and we can't have that now can we.

Wendilynn
What?  Properly defend themselves?  In Asian dramas, isn't that sacrilegious?


Aunnie
Just goes to show that Tian Xing's behavior didn't just affect him and Le Si . . .

Firnlambe
This whole episode is just making me mad.

Wendilynn
Yeah, he was awful.  He went drinking with you, and supported you and fought for you guys.  Yeah. He's such a bastard.


Firnlambe
Did I mention yet that this episode was making me mad?

Wendilynn
You are an idiot, but a loveable one. lol I still don't get why they assume that he wants to get rid of them. He's done too much for them as Tian Xing in person.

Aunnie
I think it's just the feeling of betrayal. If he was capable of masquerading around as their friend and--for all intents and purposes--a completely different person. Then what isn't he capable of?


Aunnie
And yup . . . there's the blackmail we were all expecting. *sigh* Lance loves his sister but how can he not see how terrible this blackmail is--how damaging it could be?

Wendilynn
Cause keeping a guy around for guilt when they don't love them as a woman makes everything so much better. Yeah, I'm sure that will really help her healing.  (sarcasm)

Firnlambe
OMG Lance?!?! How did you know that that's exactly the relationship Huan Huan had envisioned having with Tian Xing?! I'm sure she's gonna be so thankful to you.


Aunnie
. . . *CLANG* . . .  Did anyone else hear that gauntlet being thrown down? This was a low blow and could turn out 1 of 2 ways: 1) She'll turn to him, despite not loving him in that way, because he's "safe"; or 2) It'll drive a wedge between these two because she'll know how he feels and not want to lead him on.

Wendilynn
I honestly don't know whose heart is breaking more in this scene.  However,  Leo's confession probably shouldn't have been given right now.

Firnlambe
Yeah, this was low of Leo . . . totally taking advantage of the situation when he really shouldn't--this will definitely complicate things for everyone involved. But ummmm . . . has anyone considered how this will affect her relationship with Miao Miao? I can only foresee doom between the two of them, Le Si had given her word that she does not view Leo in that way, so if she takes option 1 (which I can totally see her doing in her current state of mind) Miao Miao will close herself off to everyone.

We're just gonna leave this here with you
::pushes video towards the readers::



We all need a little pick me up with all the damn feels
we've got floating around after episode 11

So everything has been revealed and now Tian Xing is in the free-fall stage of his own personal roller coaster. With no preview to guide us into the next episode we are left with our own imagination: How will Tian Xing handle direction Oz and his less-than-ecstatic new employees? How will Le Si take Leo's confession? And how do you think Tian Xing will respond to Lance's latest request? Let's turn back in next week and find out. 

Want more from our makeshift Fall in Love with Me​​ Drama Club? Check out our individual blogs or get in touch with us via Twitter!

Firnlambe - @firnlambe
Aunnie - Words of Aunnie@asherette06
Wendilynn - As the Kimchi Turns

Next Episode

Episode 12

Comments

  1. I hated this fake cliffhanger. I can understand that wedges would make it harder for Huan Huan to climb up, but Le Si is always wearing sneakers. She could have climbed up first and have helped Tian Xing rescue Huan Huan. Now we are in another cliche storyline, while I want Tian Xing to focus on earning the trust of everyone he has hurt.
    I actually expected someone to tell Le Si that Tian Xing (as Xiao Lu) hadn't signed the papers to buy OZ's shares, but apparantly he did.
    I don't understand why Le Si had to use a proper bag to give bag the toy, a plastic bag would have been better (Maybe I'm too practical sometimes for a drama, but I liked how she confronted Tian Xing with his fake identity. He has hurt her deeply with his lie and by repating Xiao Lu's words back to him she really shows him how much. I'm still rooting for those two, but he really has to own up to his mistakes before that will happen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hallyu World Domination--SM Entertainment's Grand Plan

Kpop Gif Challenge!

Running Man: A Drinking Game